At AccuNet, we love all things local. As a Westerville, Ohio based business, we pride ourselves on a personal touch – and a helping hand.
In this series of two blogs, we are talking about who we are and what we do (so don’t skip Part One!).
We already talked about who we are, so in this blog, we are going to talk about on-site assessments and how they can help you meet your business needs.
AccuNet’s business is to serve as the IT department for businesses (some in Westerville Ohio!) that do not have IT departments and when a company contacts us, we always suggest an on-site assessment to see what your needs are.
While we think most small to midsized businesses need expert IT support, we know that sometimes it can seem like an unnecessary expense. Our on-site assessments are a tool so businesses can see what we do – and learn where there might be gaps in IT security.
An on-site assessment looks like this. We have a template to provide structure to the assessment and cover your priorities, such as:
- What is the most pressing need when it comes to functionality or security in your business
- Discussions around what you have or need for firewalls, servers, backup/disaster recovery/business continuity, endpoint security, email, and endpoints
- Your network infrastructure, internet service provider, and phone system
- Any other needs AccuNet or an AccuNet partner could meet
Depending on the size of the business and the complexity of the network, this can take a few minutes or a few hours. After we do the assessment, the AccuNet team will build our comprehensive proposal and have a follow up discussion with you to discuss all our recommendations and plan the next steps.
For network security, we always recommend a multi-layered approach:
- A hardware firewall
- Effective endpoint security protection, otherwise known as antivirus or antimalware software
This might seem redundant, but this level of protection means the two systems work together to keep hackers and bad actors out of your company’s system.
AccuNet can also help set up a disaster recovery plan. While no one wants to think about an IT disaster, they happen every day – and many are preventable.
AccuNet IT Services
At AccuNet in Westerville Ohio, we are here for your business and its IT needs. Contact us today!